Goat Cheese Frittata Recipe
What is a Frittata?
A frittata is an egg based Italian dish similar to an omelette or scrambled eggs. This goat cheese frittata recipe includes green peas and potatoes in it. This goat cheese frittata recipe serves 4 people. Prep time is 5 minutes. Cook time is 20 minutes.
Goat Cheese Frittata Ingredients
4 baby potatoes, thinly sliced
1 cup (120g) frozen peas
3 oz. (85g) goat’s cheese, crumbled
4 oz. (120g) rocket
1 tbsp. olive oil
salt & pepper
Goat Cheese Frittata Cooking Instructions
1. Heat a 7.8-inch (20cm) ovenproof non-stick frying pan over medium heat, greased with the olive oil. Cook the sliced potato 5-6 minutes on each side or until lightly golden and tender. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, place the frozen peas in a bowl of hot water and allow to defrost until the peas are tender. Drain well.
3. Lightly whisk the eggs in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat the grill on medium. Arrange half the potato at the base of the frying pan. Top with half the peas and half the goat’s cheese. Repeat the layering process once more and then pour over the eggs to cover the potato. Cook over a low-medium heat for 10 minutes or until the egg is almost set.
5. Place under the grill for 5 minutes, until the egg is just set on top. Cut the frittata into wedges, and serve with a handful of rocket.